Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hot Yoga...I Heart You

This morning, I didn't have to be at work until 10am (normal time is 8). Instead of getting some extra shut eye, I woke up at my normal time and made it to the 6am Hot Fusion Power yoga class at Core Power Yoga studio. This yoga studio is right down the road from my house and they offer a free week to new students. I've never taken a yoga class before, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to test it out. Love. The class was taught in a sauna-type room with tons of windows that overlook the skyline of Chicago. Coming into the heat from a 20 degree morning felt amazing and at 6am, it looks very cool and to watch the sunrise across the city. It's the perfect way to start off the morning.

I definitely underestimated the intensity of yoga. I'm definitely not as flexible as I thought I was and holding some of the poses was a workout. But it was a good workout. An amazing workout actually. I have never felt so relaxed in my life, not even when going for a massage. I couldn't even tell you what was going through my head. But not once did I think about school, work, or LC being gone. No stress whatsoever for that hour. I also love the fact that this is "mine". It's the ultimate "me time". LC likes to workout, so generally we'll go to the gym together or go running together, but this is something that I will never share with him. And I like that. I only know this to be true because he's too much of a "guy's guy" for yoga.

So today, I am thankful for bringing yoga into my life and for or having a clear, peaceful mind for the first time in the past 4 months. Namaste :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment