Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Homecoming

Last Monday, I got the best Valentine's gift ever...LC came home from his 6 month deployment! For a girl who doesn't believe in celebrating this Hallmark holiday, I couldn't have asked for a better gift. Since he's been home, we've been doing nothing but wedding planning and catching up with his family and friends. We registered at 4 different stores, did our food tasting (sooo good!) and met with the pastor who's marrying us. I'm having a lot of fun planning our wedding, but this past week has been so busy with wedding stuff, I'm looking forward to a date night that doesn't involve the talk of bar packages and meal options.

I love having him back home, but I'm not going to lie, it's been a big adjustment for me. For the past 6 months it's been me, by myself, coming and going as I please. No one else to clean up after except for myself. And if I want to eat cereal for dinner, I'm more than okay with that. Also, we only have one T.V. which means I had to sit through the slam dunk contest as well as the NBA All-Star game. However, it is nice to have someone to cook nice meals for, go on date nights with, and make Saturday morning brunch for. I'm truly happy and can't wait for our wedding. I pray that there will be no more deployments in our near future. Since LC and I have been dating, we have yet to spend a full year in the same city/state. Hopefully, this will be our year.

Pics to come! I tried uploading them tonight & my internet was being really slow and/or I was being really impatient :-)

5 comments:

  1. Yeahhh!! So glad he is home. Good luck with the reintegration and enjoy the wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! There's so much more to this reintegration than there was when he was deployed to Afghanistan. We have to go to this yellow ribbon weekend retreat which normally I wouldn't mind but our weekends are jam packed this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh sounds like a great Vday gift! There is nothing better than spending time with your future husband! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best gift ever! I hope this is your year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news! Yeah, take time for yourselves and to relax from all the wedding planning ::)

    ReplyDelete