Thursday, February 3, 2011

Holy Snow!

Chicago got pounded with a shit-ton of snow this week. It started on Tuesday night and I left work around 4 pm. Luckily, I didn't have to take the bus home. I had heard horror stories about people getting stuck on buses that took Lake Shore Drive. I read a tweet where a person left work at 3 and didn't get home until after 9pm!!!! A commute that should take about 45 minutes tops ended up taking 6 very long hours.

It was so windy that when I went to turn the corner heading north on Michigan Ave, it was physically impossible. The wind simply wouldn't let me get home. I had to turn around and take the alley. I woke up around 9pm from a much needed nap and seriously looked like a white tornado outside. I thought to myself, we definitely won't have work tomorrow...

Wrong. As soon as I woke up on Wednesday morning I called our company weather desk. "Company name here" will be open February 2nd for regular business hours." FAIL. Off to work I trudged. I was in at 8am and then I got sent home at 10:45am...what a waste of time.

Here are some pics that I took on my iPhone of the Great Blizzard of 2011.

Michigan Avenue the night of the blizzard

The same view the next day...

Wabash Avenue, on my way home from work Wednesday 10:45am

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh
    I feel like we have gotten so much more snow this winter!!

    ReplyDelete