Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Update

Weekends always go by way too quickly, especially when it's jam-packed. Friday was a fairly relaxing night. LC and I watched Get him to the Greek. His pick, not mine. What a ridiculous movie.

Saturday I woke up early and started my day at The Bar Method. Great class and no crazy ex-girlfriends. Always a plus! After bar, I met LC at the local gym that I belong to. I've decided to dump the gym and pass my membership over to him. It just makes sense, and he's already gotten more use out of it in the pass two days than I have in the past two months! The rest of the day, we just relaxed and I started reading the book, Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr. So far so good! Not going to go into too much detail about the book until I'm completely done with it, but I love it so far.

Last night, we had a date night and took advantage of Chicago Restaurant Week. One of my favorite times of the year :-) Many restaurants around the city offer a pre-fixed menu for a certain price. This year, we went to Duchamp in Bucktown. It can best be described as a French inspired, neighborhood bistro. For my first course, I had steak tartate. It was the first time I'd ever tried anything like that and it was different but good. We also shared a sauteed scallop with mushroom herb risotto. During the main course I chose fettuccine with herb pesto, roasted red peppers, grilled fennel finished with goat cheese. It tasted like a bit of heaven in my mouth. So amazingly flavorful. LC had the beef tenderloin with mushroom bordelaise, bacon wrapped asparagus and mashed potatoes. Also an amazing meal. We both really liked the atmosphere and the food and service were phenomenal. We will definitely be going back there again.

Today we made it to church, brunch at the Bongo Room, and grocery shopping at Whole Foods. All in all is was a productive little weekend. Tomorrow, I'm starting my week off with hot yoga! I'm in need of a good stretch session.

No comments:

Post a Comment