Friday, February 25, 2011

What's Your Passion?

Last night, while I was doing the blog thing, one of my favorite bloggers did a post about The Hedgehog concept. This was the first time I had ever heard of it and it couldn't have come at a better time. It involves these three elements that come together in the middle: What are you deeply passionate about? What you can be the best in the world at? What drives your economic engine?

That got me to thinking, what I am truly passionate about? I could think of things that I like to do or that I like to talk about, but are those things really my passion? And if so, how can I turn it into a career? So I asked LC what he was passionate about. He thought I was asking him a trick question :-) I re-worded my question to be, "If you could do anything in the world, no matter the amount of money, what would it be?" His response, "I'd open up my own brewery." LC and his father both love beer. His dad actually brews his own with a home brew kit LC bought him a few years ago for his birthday, and he has made some very tasty brews.

Sometimes it's hard to look at ourselves as others view us. I decided to ask my sister today what she thought I was passionate about and her response was fitness, nutrition, blogging, family & friends. I liked her response and I know that she was being completely honest with me. I do feel that I am passionate about fitness and nutrition. I truly believe in staying active and eating as healthy as possible. I'm always telling her about new healthy recipes or going on and on about how much I love bar method and my helpful tips for running. But on the other hand I love to eat, and not always healthily. I'm a sucker for Chicago-style pizza, I'm not a size 4, and some days I'd rather lay on the couch with LC and watch movies than work out. So does this mean I'm still passionate about eating healthy and working out? I don't know, I'm still trying to figure it all out.

1 comment:

  1. What drives my economical engine...that is a good question.

    I realized that I am not passionate about anything. I am focused on my job as a teacher but that is because I take my job or any other job I have had seriously....oh no I need to find a passion!

    ReplyDelete