Thursday, February 24, 2011

How about some Cheese to go with that Wine?

I'm so happy that tomorrow is Friday, it's not even funny. This week has been weird, crazy, and disappointing. First of all, I can't remember the last time I worked a full M-F (this has been the slowest week of my life). Also, my mom has been feeling sick the past few weeks and no one can figure out what the heck is wrong with her. Her illness has been lingering on and off for the past year and not one doctor, out of the many she has seen, has been able to give her an answer. She's hopeful though that they're getting close to an answer and hopefully a cure. After all, she has a wedding to help plan :-)

After not working out for 9 days, going on food tastings, and eating Lou Malnatti's, I stepped on the scale Monday and saw that I had gained two lbs. Lovely. So off to Bar Method I went. Monday was a great class. It was taught by the owner, whom I've never met before, and she definitely kicked our butts. It felt great to workout after taking such a long break. I went again on Tuesday. Also a great class, but at the end of the class I noticed someone who looked really familiar to me, and then the instructor called out her name...it was LC's crazy ex-girlfriend. Chicago, is by far the biggest small city. I was under the impression the girl moved to Spain, what's she doing back in Chicago? And is she staying? And why is she at my Bar Method Studio, I was here first! These are thoughts all going through my mind in one split second. I told my mom about it and her response was, "Oh honey, you won, you're engaged to him". So not the point. The girl hates me and it just makes for unnecessary awkwardness. So we both saw each other, knew who each other was, and turned away. So on Wednesday, I'm back in class again. This time I made sure to check the sign in sheet for who was registered for class and her name was not on there. I could rest easy. Until about 5 minutes before class I heard her tell the instructor her name. Are you kidding me right now? And in a half empty room, she has the balls to sit directly in front of me. And I did I mention the room is full of mirrors? Weeeeeeird. So for one full hour there we were, the fiance and the ex-girlfriend, working out together. I will say that it definitely motivated me to work harder and I am determined to kick her ass at Bar Method for as long as she keeps going. I called my mom and told her I saw her again and her response this time, "Is she stalking you?" ha!

And last but not least, I have been on 3 interviews in the past month. Two internally and one outside my company. I like the company that I work for and I would like to stay there, but I can honestly say that I do not like my job. This past interview was for an internal position and it was a job that I wanted so badly. It was my shoe-in to the advertising/marketing side of the company. I prayed to God every night that I would get this job. The man who interviewed me even wrote my current manager an e-mail on how much he liked my personality and my work ethic. And then today I get an e-mail of rejection. It was nothing I did wrong, they just chose someone who had more experience. Heartbroken. But on the up & up, I came home to flowers, wine, an inspirational card, and cheer me up cupcakes. That put a smile on my face. So, thank God tomorrow is Friday. The weekend never looked so good and so well deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment